Source: Jean Losey-Mom
Cook: 1 hour minimum
- Brown and drain
- 1. 1 lb hamburger
- 2. 1 lb hot sausage
- 3 ½ chopped onion
- 4. Minced garlic
- Add to browned meat
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes-may need to add this item.)
- Add to sauce by taste
- Salt, pepper, oregano, basil and Italian seasoning
- Bring all to boil, than turn to low and allow to cook for an hour or so.
- Brown the first four ingredients
- Drain and toss the liquid
- Add the tomato paste
- Stir and cook for a minute
- Add the cans of Tomato Sauce and Dice Tomatoes.
- Bring to simmer then turn burner down to low and let it cook, stirring occasionally
- Add basil, oregano, salt and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot over spaghetti noodles
You can add the crush tomatoes if you want, but they are usually not needed.